Would you like to learn how to make a straw basket? We’ve prepared a special DIY set for you. You can use the components to weave a basket yourself anywhere you want – at home, on the balcony, in the living room, in the garden, or in your workshop.
Weaving with soft straw is a really pleasant activity which doesn’t require a lot of space. The set contains everything you need to learn weaving on your own at home, using the straw sewing method.
The set consists of:
- a tutorial video available online presenting Basketry Master Zoja Majstrowicz showing how to weave using the straw sewing method step by step
- a sheaf of nicely smelling rye straw, adequately prepared and combed, sufficient to make a basket
- a portion of willow splints used for straw sewing, stripped manually by Basketry Master Mikołaj Pietruczuk, or willow tape
- a portion of brown willow tape as a second matirial for using to compare with dartka
- a special, designed basketry needle forged in a workshop in Cieszyn, based on original needles used by basket makers
Remember: before weaving, you have to pour the straw and willow splints with water in the shower our outdoors. You don’t need to soak it all - see the video!
Buy the set:
A sheaf of sraw + bright willow splints + brown willow tape + a special needle + video DVD
Order and try, discover the pleasure of star weaving at home!
|S||7 x 8 cm|
|M||11 x 13 cm|
These products are part of our offer thanks to our long-standing friendships formed during Serfenta’s basketry expeditions. By purchasing them, you support local Polish craft and Polish Basketry Masters. You also support us – thanks to your order, we can organise basketry workshops. Come and join them!
What you will find in our shop:
0% mass production – all the items are one of a kind
tradition and modernity
products for a good, long life.
We draw inspiration from the vast experience of the best basket makers.
Order a DIY kit for straw weaving.
Would you like to find out more about us? Visit: http://serfenta.pl/en/